Children’s Music Academy is always looking for qualified music teachers. We seek college graduates who have had experience in teaching the young child. Successful CMA teachers are musicians with excellent piano skills, who love teaching children, who are enthusiastic in their approach, and are organized & responsible. If you are interested in a teaching position, please use our contact form. We have a limited number of administrative positions at our studio. If/when a position becomes available we will advertise it here.
A Children’s Music Academy (CMA) teacher is responsible for implementing the CMA curriculum-ensuring each child has a positive and successful CMA experience, and includes the parents along the process. A teacher is responsible for the care and well-being of each student who attends a Children’s Music Academy class. Ultimately, it is the teacher’s responsibility to teach children music skills in a creative, positive, and non-pressured environment through the implementation of Children’s Music Academy’s curriculum and help them develop lifelong musical appreciation and aptitude.
The qualities we are looking for in a teacher include:
- Minimum of three years teaching children with some portion of the experience teaching in a group setting
- Positive attitude, outgoing & enthusiastic
- Self-confident and hard-working
- Sense of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to follow the curriculum
- Excellent music and piano skills
- Availability for varied class schedule
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach weekly 60-minute classes
- Maintain relationship with students /parents throughout the week (when applicable)
- Participate in training (live and recorded)
- Distribute lesson and marketing materials (as needed)
- Keep attendance records and additional payroll documentation
- Facilitate make-up classes (when necessary)
College degree is required, with a major or minor in music performance or education.
We are seeking a housekeeper who is available to work at both our Ventura and Westlake Village studios. Position is once a week (flexible day) for five hours including travel between studios. Must have own vehicle. Position includes vacuuming, dusting, wiping down keyboards and pianos, windows, office and a half bath in Westlake Village. Pay is $80 per week for 40 weeks per year (mid-August through mid-June with Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and Spring Break week off. Must provide two references. Position begins the week of August 20. 2018.