Children’s Music Academy is always looking for qualified music teachers. We seek college graduates who have had experience in teaching the young child. Successful CMA teachers are musicians with excellent piano and singing skills who love teaching children, who are enthusiastic in their approach, and are organized & responsible. If you are interested in a teaching position, please use our contact form.
AT THIS TIME WE ARE FULLY STAFFED FOR THE 2021/22 SCHOOL YEAR. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN NOVEMBER, 2021 FOR UPDATES. YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT A RESUME FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION.
A Children’s Music Academy (CMA) teacher is responsible for implementing the CMA curriculum-ensuring each child has a positive and successful CMA experience, and includes the parents along the process. A teacher is responsible for the care and well-being of each student who attends a Children’s Music Academy class. Ultimately, it is the teacher’s responsibility to teach children music skills in a creative, positive, and non-pressured environment through the implementation of Children’s Music Academy’s curriculum and help them develop lifelong musical appreciation and aptitude.
The qualities we are looking for in a teacher include:
- Minimum of three years teaching children with some part of that experience in a group setting
- Piano skills at the Intermediate level or above
- Self-confident and hard-working
- Sense of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and teach the broad-based curriculum
- Strong singing voice
- Availability for varied class schedule
- Desire to teach in a group setting with students and their parent
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach weekly 60-minute classes
- Maintain relationship with students /parents throughout the week (when applicable)
- Participate in training (live and recorded)
- Distribute lesson and marketing materials (as needed)
- Keep attendance records and additional payroll documentation
- Facilitate make-up classes (when necessary)
Bachelor’s degree is required. We prefer a major or minor in music performance or education, however, comparable music education is acceptable.